Departure to Spain by car

A growing number of Ukrainians choose to change their lives and go to Spain. This means both temporary residence for the period of hostilities on the territory of Ukraine or a radical change of life including immigration.

In both cases, a lot of questions arise. Among them are those related to the car. It should be noted that Ukrainian driver’s licenses have recently been recognized in the EU countries, so you can get a job and work, for example, as a driver, without extra charges and paperwork.

If you want to cross the border on your own car, you must have the following documents:

  • International driver’s license;
  • Registration certificate (please note that personal data in the registration certificate must be duplicated in Latin characters).
  • Green Card (international certificate of insurance).

Besides, the car must be equipped with a sign of Ukraine (UA) and license plates – you can cross the border only if you have a license plate number.

If you and your car meet all the specified requirements, you will be able to cross the border at crossing points without any problems.

Take care of yourself and your loved ones, be attentive and careful. And the main thing: don’t worry too much, everything will be fine.